This guide explains how to set up your NeonCRM system with an API key. In order to use NeonCRM’s API, you will need:
- Your organization ID
- A unique API key
Finding Your Organization ID
- Navigate to System Settings > Organization Profile.
- Scroll down to the “Database Information” section. Your Organization ID will be displayed here:
Creating an API Key
API Keys are based on NeonCRM system user accounts. We recommend creating a new user account for each integration you enable. This makes it easier to disable a single integration at a later time. If you disable a user account with API access, all applications that depend on the account’s API key will stop working.
- Log in to your NeonCRM system. Navigate to System Settings > System Users.
- Click New User. You can name this user anything you like, but we recommend naming the user something that distinguishes its use, such as API User.
- Enable the API access for this user account. Click the toggle to enable. This will display your API key. Copy this key.
- Click Create User to complete the process of creating this user.
Your user now appears in the System Users list. You can terminate API access by deleting your user.