Organization accounts can be understood as companies, organizations, or other groups of people in the database being tracked.
They have many properties:
- Standard fields (such as name and website)
- Organization Types
- Custom fields (created by system users)
An Organization account must have a primary contact, which may either be:
- An individual account (an autonomous account, linked via relationship)
- An organization additional contact (which is only visible as a property of this organization account)
Through the API, they can be associated with:
- Individual accounts (an individual account can be a contact of an organization account)
Their address is a property of the Primary contact.
They can be associated with many other record types, including:
- Event Registrations
- Store Purchases
- …and more.